Cibolo Lodge held an abbreviated regular meeting on February 6th, due to the inclement weather. The meeting may have been shortened, but lodge members were able to accept the schedule of events for the upcoming year. Highlights of the upcoming year as accepted:
- The Join Hands project is scheduled for May 14. Lodge members will be working with the Schertz Humane Society at their annual Doggie Dash, raising funds to support homeless dogs and cats in the Schertz areaw.
- The May meeting will be the lodge’s opportunity to observe Memorial Day and to participate in the Hugs from Home Project. Members may bring items for the care packages or may make monetary contributions for use in this project.
- June 14th will again be the annual Flag Day Ceremony at Cibolo City Hall. This event has become a community favorite and lodge members look forward to the event each year. This is also a wonderful community service project for your boy scout/girl scout troops. Please feel free to attend this area-wide celebration of “Old Glory”.
- August will, again, be the Memorial Service, hosted by Vice-President Sherry Rakowitz.
- Members will participate in the 9/11 Freedom Walk held in Universal City on Sunday, September 11, 2011.
- A lodge favorite, the Halloween Costume Contest, will again be held at the October regular meeting.
- In October, members will participate in the “Make a Difference” campaign by donating personal care items to a local nursing home or senior center.
- December 4th will be the date of this year’s Christmas Party to be held at Schertz Community Center. It will also be our opportunity to collect non-perishable food items for donation to Randolph Area Christian Assistance Program (RACAP).
- Cibolo Lodge will host the next installation, Sunday, January 15, 2012, also at Schertz Community Center.
- The lodge invites all junior members to join “JAG”, Junior Activities Group. Special opportunities will be offered to the members of this group, throughout the year. Please watch the newsletter for information on this group.
Cheer committee, Dorothy Schneider, report that birthday cards were send to Lucille Riedel and to Edna Rauch. Sister Rauch (pictured) is our oldest lodge member. A card of congratulations was send to Johnathan and Dawn Bierstedt for the birth of their daughter, Brenley on December 27th, 2010.
Cards were sent to Wanda and Milton Edge, Sylvia Horton and Ralph Real who are celebrating their Herman Sons 60th anniversary in January. Their 60 year pins will be presented to them at the Christmas Party.
Attendance prize winners were Joy Brown, Dena Warneke and Bret Gray. The special drawing winner was Russell (Rusty) Stevens who was not present to collect their prize. Congratulations to Cliff and Nell Shepherd and Fay Fey whose side items were voted this month’s favorite.
Beginning March 6th, Cibolo Lodge’s regular meeting will be held at Hannah’s Steak House (formerly Goerke’s) in their party room. Members will have dinner at 7:30 and the meeting will begin at 8:00. The lodge will provide the main course, unless otherwise noted, and members and guests are asked to bring side dishes to share. Please contact John Gray, Sherry Rakowitz or Joy Brown if you have any questions on this meeting place.
Hope to see you at Hannah’s on March 6th for our regular meeting!!